Music Picks 2014 #BigBlogmasProject2014

09:54:00

Why, hello there...

Todays 'theme' was meant to be about current books I'm reading, but I only reading one and I haven't read anything in ages, so I thought I would share my music favourites from this year. This is a mixture of full albums and individual songs and there is also a spotify playlist with just about everything from this post. Click on this link to take you to the playlist:


Music picks 2014

1. Daughter - Youth (Single) Daughter was brought to my attention by a few of my friends who said here style is something I would listen to and maybe cover. I've loved this single this year and also her whole album is brilliant. Human is also another great single by Daughter.

2. Jamie T - Sheila (single) Another great recommendation from a friend (thank you mr Josh Hucklesby). He also release a long awaited new album this year which has the new single Zombie on it and has another great song on it - Love is only a heartbeat away.

3. James Vincent McMorrow - Higher love (single) Again thank you josh for another fantastic recommendation. This is a fairly old song but he released a new album this year which I've been enjoying. Another fave song of his is We don't eat.

4. Leo James Conroy - My dear (single) I found Mr Conroy on Facebook or soundcloud, not sure which one came first! He has release his first EP which you can buy here. He has such an amazing voice so it would be super duper if you could support this up-and-coming artist! (He is not on the spotify playlist)

5. James Bay - Let it go (single) Fearne Cotton has been raving about James Bay recently, and he also performed as Burberry's live music for their cat walk at London's fashion week. I've been particularly enjoying this song as it's on my work's playlist that they play throughout the theatre so I've been loving hearing this!

6. Charlie Simpson - Long way home (Album) I loved Charlies debut album and I have to say, I think I'm a bigger fan of this new one! If you love folk/indie/acoustic music, this is definitely the one for you. Very different from his Busted days!

7. George Ezra - Wanted on Voyage (Album) Ever since I heard his very fist single Cassy 'O' on BBC introducing I've loved him ever since. I did try and get ticket to see him next year but they sold out so quick *sad face* but this album is probably my top one of the year!

8. Ed Sheeran - X (Album) Everybody loves a bit of Ed Sheeran. I'm a HUGE fan of his with all his old EP's so I was extremely excited for this new album. It's a little different from his previous albums but I still love it all the same.

9. 5 seconds of summer (Album) I love this album. So. Much. It's just the right amount of rock and pop and I love that they write and play all of their own songs, and they're the same age as me! Love them to bits.


Hope you've enjoyed this little insight into my music picks! Make sure you check out the spotify playlist here.


What's been your music picks from 2014?

Thanking you,

Naomi

x



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Love Daughter, their music is beautiful and relaxing, Also i am obsessed with Charlie Simpson! Such a great album
    Love Vicki ♥ victoriajanex.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really nice! Love a bit of charlie! xx

      Delete