Save your Pennies #4 - Blogging on a budget.

11:31:00

Why, hello there...

So this is the 4th and (possibly) final installment of my Saving your Pennies series! I've had some great feedback on this series with people finding it really useful so I'm really glad everyone has enjoyed them! If I think of any other posts for this series, or if you have any ideas, let me know in the comments.

As you can see from the title, I'm focusing of different ways to save money, and possibly make money from your blog. I know making money from your blog can be a bit of a controversial topic but I'm simply just saying that there are ways of making money. I personally don't have a problem with it as long as you stay true to your blog and don't just do it for the money.
Anyway, on with the post!




1. Travel size/samples to test products. I've found this a really useful and saving way of testing out products. It's great if you don't want to pay full price for the full product in case you don't like it. This is great for more expensive products such as perfumes, and Soap and Glory do most of their products in travel size. My boots has a massive range of travel size products to try and you can also find freebie sites where you can get free samples sent to you. I've had La Roche Pose and Vichy samples in the past.




2. Blog Sale. These are great ways to get rid of some things that you don't use/wear anymore. Make sure you have good pictures and a good description of your products at a reasonable price and it will easy to sell. I've currently got one going on at the moment, check it out here.


3. Don't buy it just because of hype. I've seen quite a few bloggers buy things because of the hype behind them and then not even use them, particularly with things like the Naked palettes. Think about whether you are buying it because you will use it, do you have anything similar already and read reviews on it before you buy it. 


4. Shop around. If you want to buy an expensive product, or even something from the highstreat, shop around! Apps like Depop (follow me on it - penniesforapound) allow people to buy and sell their products, often having high end brands for a lot cheaper. Sites like amazon and ebay are also great places for a bargain. Check out my other posts for other places to look at for buying things for less!


5. Advertisement spots. I've seen quite a lot of blogs doing this and I am thinking about doing a couple on my blog. Set up some advertisement spots on your blog and charge per month. You can charge per month and offer different packages or just a standard spot. Often people charge more for services such as a large button, #FF on twitter and a blog post about the advertiser. Look around and see what sort of prices and packages people offer. It's also a great way to make some new blogging friends and its great for new bloggers trying to find blogs to follow.


6. Google Adsense. Most people know what this is, I don't fully understand it but I understand the basics of it. Google places adverts on your blog space, and when people click on them, you get paid. I think that's the general idea of it, there is plenty of guides to it on blogger or on google. Miss Budget beauty did a post on this and other ways you can monentise your blog, check it out here.


7. Getting paid for posts. Some companies can get in touch and ask you to write a post and they either pay you or let you keep the product. I don't think there is anything wrong with this, as long as you are giving your honest opinion and the company doesn't require you to write a good review of it. I've had companies give me products before and have all been great to work with. They have just said write a post on the product, whether good or bad. But always make sure you check out the terms before accepting.



Wow that was a long post! I hope this was of some help and gave you a few tips and tricks to use. Check out my previous posts in this series:

#1 - Saving money on-line
#2 - In store savings
#3 - Budget friendly Websites


Let me know what you think of this post in the comment!


Thanking you,

Naomi

x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Really helpful thanks lovely! Blogging is definitely my hobby but it takes up full time, sometimes over Unviersity and work so definitely will be considering all of this, thank you xxxx


    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete