MUA New releases.

04:08:00

Why, hello there...

It's no secret that MUA has been a favourite of mine since I started blogging 2 years ago. I know a lot of people have gotten into Makeup Revolution but the stand in my local Superdrug doesn't have much and I don't really like ordering makeup so I've never really gotten into it. But anyway, MUA have come out with a few new releases recently that looked really nice so I picked up a couple of the products.



The new releases are:

- Sweet Sheen lip balm available in 6 shades - £2
- MUA Luxe Whipped Velvet lips available in 5 shades - £3
- MUA Luxe Whipped velvet cheeks available in 5 shades - £3
- Pro-Base Prime and conceal correcting creams available in 4 shades - £2
- 3 new nail polish shades - £1
- Spring eye shadow palette - £4



I only picked up the lip products as I knew I would actually use these. I've got the Sweet sheen lip balm in Cherry Bomb and the whipped velvet in Spry. 
The packaging of both of these isn't too bad. I have my reservations about how long the lip balm will last as some of my other MUA lip products get smushed against the inside of the tube, but so far this one has been fine. The whipped velvet packaging is just a bog standard tube with a standard applicator. The handwriting on it has a nice effect, but other than that not much to report.



The whipped velvet one glides on really well, but seems to apply quite sheer to the lips, which isn't necessarily a bad thing as originally I thought it was going to be too orange for me but it's not too bad. I thought these were going to be similar to the Bourjois Rouge edition velvets, but this one does not dry at all. Unfortunately it is so easy to wipe off and doesn't last long at all which is a real shame. If this dried it would be the perfect dupe. I will have to try some of the other colours in this range to see if they're the same as I really like the consistency. 
Now, the balm is one of my new all time favourites to my collection! It really hydrates whilst leaving a really good pop of colour. Some tinted lip balm aren't so good at having a good colour pay off but this one really hits the mark. It's perfect for when I'm at work as it doesn't mean I have to keep applying  lipstick and it also keeps my lips smooth. I will definitely be getting some of the other colours!

I would like to try the prime and conceal products, but I'm not sure which shade would be best. If you've tried them, let me know what you think in the comments! You can get MUA products from their site or from superdrug online and in store.


What's your favourite MUA product?

Thanking you,

Naomi

x




Want to see more of MUA, check out this post!





You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love the look of these, i must admit when Makeup Rev came out i completely neglected MUA, i think it's time i paid Superdrug a visit x
    Love Vicki | victoriajanex.co.uk

    ReplyDelete