Life Update #4

08:08:00

Why, hello there...

So, I haven't done a post in a very long time. Sorry! It's been a stressful few weeks and more stressful weeks to come! So this post will be about what's been happening and what's to come!


I'm in my last year of A levels (Year 13) So I have all my exams coming up soon, so I am meant to be busy revising. For anyone wandering i'm doing Psychology, Music and Drama. All of this years exams are after the half term, so I have all of the to look forward to...

I get A LOT of questions from family and church people about what I'm doing for the the next year. I applied to go to do Acting at a few drama schools and universities but didn't get in this year. I was kind of expecting this as not many people get in in their first year of auditioning as they always say 'you need time and experience after school'.
Just to give you an idea of how competitive the audition process and actually getting into one of the courses, Birmingham school of acting gets 800 applicants for only 30 spaces a year, and GSA gets just over 1000 applicants for 35 spaces. Scary stuff! I did apply to Northampton and got through to recall but didn't get a space, they get about 500 applicants for just under 30 spaces.

So what am I doing this 'gap' year? Hopefully I'm going to find a job and work for most of it. I'm also part of my local theatre's youth theatre so I will still be doing acting. We are currently working towards are end of year performance which is a lot of work, but I love it. I am also hopefully going back to my school to help out with the KS3 years drama groups along with a friend also wanting to do acting.

Although I do LOVE acting, there is a possibility I won't end up doing it at uni.

Recently I've been thinking a lot about being involved with christian youth work or worship leading. I am passionate about acting but I don't always have that spark about it, or sometimes I don't think I really enjoy it that much. I currently help out with out local youth group which is ages 4-11 and I help out with a little boy who has Down syndrome. Although they can be hard work, I do love them all! I'm also going to be a leader at Helter Skelter this year (If you don't know what that is, check out this post) which I am so incredibly excited for! I also recently went to another christian holiday sort-of-thing, where the worship was lead by Tim Hughes, who was brilliant! All these things have made me think about maybe taking a christian kind of route in terms of uni choices, possibly doing a christian acting course, or even just going to bible college! There's so much more I could write, but this post is already getting a wee bit long.

For now, I'm just taking it as it comes. I still have a year to decide what to do and it may be completely different to anything that I've said here! Whatever happens, I know I'll be ok.


Bit deep for my blog, apologies.


Hope you've enjoyed/learned a bit more about what I'm doing and where I've been!

Thanking you,

Naomi

x






You Might Also Like

0 comments